We are Such Stuff as Dreams are Made On


What do you dream?

I dream of stars and moons and healing hearts.

I dream of burnout from work and sore shoulders heavy with the burden of living.

If you ask my mom she'll tell you a dream is a wish your heart makes but I know that dreams are more than that.

Dreams live in graduation robes and acceptance letters. Dreams live in his lips and her eyes when you're not looking.

Dreams live in nightmares and nightmares live in dreams because living will never cease to be uncertain and dreams are as intangible as clouds until you add courage. Once you add courage, the possibilities are endless. The courage to sweat, to work hard, to leave things that are pulling you down. Our founding fathers dreamed a singular dream, but they also had the courage to reach the heights they dreamt of. 

Harry S. Truman once said this:  “America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.”

Whether you dream of leading a country, or leading a family, it's never farther than you can reach. Once you discover the bravery to make it a reality, it will come to be. 

This country was not built on fear. 
It was built on courage, and so were you. 

When you were a child the stars looked you straight in the eyes, and said, "This is where you belong. With us." And they blessed you with the ability to dream. All you have to do is be brave.

Somedays living may feel like a nightmare and the dark is the only place you can hide.
At night you can dream, but during the day you have to fight. 


What do you dream?

I dream of stars and moons and healing hearts.

I dream of burnout from work and sore shoulders heavy with the burden of living.

If you ask my mom she'll tell you a dream is a wish your heart makes but I know that dreams are more than that.



Thanks to Jack Hoffer for writing this with me and thanks to Ardon Smith for filming me at walmart you guys are the best

9 comments:

  1. I love this. And you read it at walmart, yes. My favorite part was the old dude riding past on his jazzy. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I watched it I thought that was pretty sweet too. And thanks. Posting this was a lot scarier than reading it at walmart.

      Delete
  2. Hailey, thank you for having the courage to do this. To write this. To perform this. And to go first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fresh and well written and courageous. Kinda covers it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore you and your blog. Everything you write makes me wish that I could write like you. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! You are truly talented my sweet girl. You make me proud.

    ReplyDelete