Days of the Week.

Monday
Wake up shower get dressed. Forget if it's an A or B day. Go to school math biotech creative writing. Mondays feel tired. Why does the beginning of the week feel so tired? Is it because rebirth bears weakness or is it because short days bear the promise of four more long days? 
Mondays are tired.
Go home no one is there nap wake up do homework play video games. 10 PM is when he calls. Maybe we argue, usually we don't. Make up for lost time. He says goodnight, I say "I love you." He says it back.
I sleep.

Tuesday.
Wake up shower get dressed. Forget if it's an A or B day. Eat lunch go to school AP Psych. Stuck in the hallways there's a rehearsal wait.
Tuesdays feel tired.
Go home no is there nap wake up do homework play video games. 10 PM is when he calls. Maybe we argue, usually we don't. Make up for lost time. He says goodnight, I say, "I love you." He says it back.
I sleep.

Wednesday
Wake up shower get dressed. Math biotech lunch. We go to Taco Time. The conversation is strained and I think its my fault. We ignore it. Creative writing escape the halls rehearsal wait.
Wednesdays... feel a little more alive. I'm finally feeling like I'm accomplishing something by surviving the week. 
Go home there's no one here play video games write a blog post do homework. 

10 PM. 

Wait. 

10:30 PM. 

Wait. 

11 PM. 

Wait.

11:30 PM

Wait.

12 PM.

I sleep.



Thursday
Wake up shower get dressed. No Snapchats. AP Psych rehearsal wait. 
Go home there's no one here do homework play video games write blog post. 10 PM.
"Hello."
"Hi."
The conversation is strained like it was the other day at Taco Time. We ignore it. He says goodnight.
I sleep.

Friday.
Wake up shower get dressed. Go to school math biotech lunch. He's gone home. He's tired and wants to nap. I sit alone.
Creative writing and I Snapchat him black screens asking if everything is okay between us.
He doesn't reply.
Rehearsal wait. 
Go home there's no one here do homework eat something play video games nap.
10 PM is when he's supposed to call. I call him instead.
"Hello."
"Are you alright?"
"... Yeah."
He says goodnight, I say it back.
I sleep.

Saturday.
Wake up shower get dressed eat food do nothing. 
Wonder.
Send two or three casual snapchats. Everything is okay.
Go out to lunch play video games with friends talk laugh wonder.
He's busy.
10 PM is when he calls.
We pretend.
He says goodnight, I say, "I love you." A second too late.
I try to sleep. I write a text. 
It doesn't matter. I delete it and sleep.

Sunday.
Wake up shower get dressed. He's at church. I leave him alone until 4.
I send a few casual snapchats. Everything is okay. 
He replies this time.
I don't . 
10 PM is when he calls.
We pretend.
He says goodnight. 
I try to sleep. I text him this time. 
"What's wrong?"
I tell him that I'm not sure.
We talk.
He says, "I love you." I say it back.

But when he hangs up the phone, I still feel empty somehow.

I sleep. After all, tomorrow is Monday.

1 comments:

  1. Haily brooks this broke my heart and i didn't want it to end and it ended and now I don't know what to say but this concept was wonderful but simple but complicated and you are great.

    ReplyDelete