Socks.

So, my cat died today.

Maybe its kind of dumb, but I'm crying. I've had her since I was a little kid, I've grown up with her, and today she got run over by some careless driver. People. Please pay some fucking attention when you drive. Shit. I'm so upset, sorry.

Anyway. Yeah. I'm crying over my cat.

She slept with me every night, she followed me around the house, she was a constant companion whenever I was home.

I loved her.

She was a sweet, patient cat who never turned down a stranger if he was willing to pet her.

I know this is stupid, but I need to do this okay.

Please.

We're going to have a funeral for her tomorrow. I haven't seen what she looks like yet. I'm scared.

My brother texted me, saying that she was twitching when he found her in the road and that kind of broke me. The idea that my kitten, my friend who I loved and who I know loved me, was reduced to another twitching cat that got run over by some careless fucking bastard.

I guess now I talk about how I hope she's happy in kitty heaven, but I can't do that.

I miss you.

You know how in Harry Potter, when Hedwig dies, it's supposed to represent the loss of Harry's childhood? This feels a lot like that. I mean... I turned 18 yesterday for petes sake.

Anyway. I'm sorry this isn't as good or polished as other things I've written, I just needed to do this for some catharsis.



5 comments:

  1. I don't care for too much polish anyway, I hope you're alright. This is beautiful my dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cat dying was one of the worst days of my life. I watched her die. It's not stupid. It's really not stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought it would be so difficult. I feel like a mess because it seems like I'm randomly crying all the time and I just miss her so much.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry it's so hard to loose a pet. I lost my best friend I think a month from now last year and now I have a folder full of poems adresses to her. its hard and it will be hard and I don't know what to say in these but you are awesome and this poem was beautiful. And I'm no good at words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a sad day and sad thing. I know I always said I hated that cat, but I cried when I found out too and I do kind of miss her annoying glares at me. I guess that I really liked her more than I thought and I'm sorry this happened.

    ReplyDelete