Oxygen.

The day I was born, the moon entangled himself in my soul.
He made a home in my heart and at night he reflects the light in my eyes while I dream.

Sleep is a dear friend who shows me visions of stars that I never forget, 
and Sleep teaches me how our souls breathe.
Souls do not breath like lungs
in
out
in
out



Souls breathe like hearts beat
like tears fall
like lovers sigh

The breath of a Soul is special
and often too rare.

You can see Souls breathing in the light spring air
When children climb trees
And in brothers who share.

Stop for a moment, and try to feel your Soul.
Close your eyes.
Listen to your heart.
Say the name of your closest friend.

In.

Whisper the name of someone you love.

Out.

Take those names in both hands, and hold them to your chest tightly. Don't let them go.

In.

Smile.

Out.




7 comments:

  1. Hailey Brooks. Lovely. Let's do lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Souls breathe like hearts beat
    like tears fall
    like lovers sigh"
    pure beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Hailey. Really truly.

    It just made me feel good, and that's rare right now. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "the breath of a soul is special and often to rare"

    this was very deep and intriguing and I want to hear you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm i can see this being performed well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved how slow this was. So slow.

    ReplyDelete