Hey

So I haven't written a post like this in kind of a while. So... Why not, I guess? Also, code names because I'm not quite that brave.

To the Nice Guy,
They will tell you that nice guys finish last, but that's a load of bullshit because if anyone deserves to be first, it's you. You're everywhere and I pray you don't change. One day you will find a Nice Girl and you'll get from her everything that you deserve. No one will be more pleased to see you happy than me.

To the Mirror,
Sometimes when I look into you, I'm not quite sure that I like what I see. It's when you start talking back that I remember how much I love you. Occasionally I make eye contact with you (me?) and begin to feel like you live in the real world and I'm just your evil twin. I'm in love with you, mirror, because of what I don't see when I look at you.

To My Replacement,
You really are lovely, and I'm not sure it's fair for me to call you my replacement because, well... it's just not fair of me to say. I'm sorry we're not closer. Jealousy is always hanging around my neck so tightly I often find it hard to breathe, much less say hello.

To the Demigod,
You think you were born of your mortal parents, but that's not at all true. Your father is a God and your mother is a human and you may feel like you are part of a being, not fit for either world, but that's not true. You are the only one who fits in both worlds. You are so special, not only to me, but to so many.

To the Forgotten Ones,
You are a memory to me, and I think that's how it's meant to be. It's okay to let go. You are forgotten to me, but not to others.

To Him,
I have neglected you. Please forgive me.

To Her,
I still see you sometimes. Maybe that means I'm crazy. I don't know.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. People should be honored to call you their friend, because this was beautiful and I hope you realize what an amazing person you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hailey. Make your Oscars predictions ASAP! Here's the link:

    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WKny_Ot_yDEvlS2aZNH-7c7PhMIsk04w4EZB-bomiJ4/viewform?usp=send_form

    ReplyDelete
  3. hailey, I love you.

    and I wish I could be like you, and I don't know what else to say because this was just really good..

    ReplyDelete