warning: this is about Terik. and its not very good.



Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to keep

----

I never want to write a post like this again. It's happened too many times and what happened to the "You are loved" post it notes and the WE SEE YOU 
Do we not care enough? 
Are we not doing enough?
WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG? 

Something, I guess.
My heart hurts and I feel heavy and helpless because I guess it will never be enough because no matter what they said one person can't change the world. We've all got to commit.

Hi, Terik.
You're another name added to the list of losses we have here at Lone Peak, and the list seems to be growing every day. I haven't forgotten their names, and I doubt I'll forget yours. I wish I could say I knew you, but I didn't. I don't know how I feel about that. 
We're all grenades, you know. We just go off at different times. Sometimes we feel the need to choose when we go off. I'm sorry, Terik. Living is uncertain. And my heart hurts.

I wish we could have saved you.

----------

Now we lay you down to sleep
We pray the Lord your soul to keep
If you die before we wake
We pray the Lord your soul to take

6 comments:

  1. "We're all grenades, you know. We just go off at different times."

    Great post. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grenade line hurts and helps and it's beautiful and it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The beginning and the ending and everything between." Thank you for writing this.

    ReplyDelete