for the sweet princess

We all know that funerals aren't for the dead, they're for the living. And honey, i don't want to go to yours. Not now. I want to go to your funeral when they have to wheel me up the steps. When every joint in my body aches with wisdom. When i say "see you soon" to that body in the casket instead of goodbye.

I already had to say goodbye to Johnny and to Hunter.

I can't say goodbye anymore.

I KNOW that funerals aren't for the dead, they're for the living, and honey, YOU ARE STILL HERE. I'm still here, the sun is still here and he's been in the same place for billions of years, if he can make it, anyone can.

Honey.

Funerals aren't for the dead. They're for the scared.

And i don't want to be scared anymore.



3 comments:

  1. When i say "see you soon" to that body in the casket instead of goodbye.

    ❤ I get that. I love the simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're for the scared.
    I liked this twist and the last line is killer.

    ReplyDelete