I wish

Regrets are part of us
So many days spent indoors watching the rain hit our windows, the words "I wish" dripping off our fingertips and the colors of our heart with them.
There will be nights you spend alone, lamenting your absurd wishes.

"Why on earth would I ever be successful?"

"Am I loved?"

"Am I capable of loving?"

"I feel lost."

There will be nights you spend laughing and crying and basking in the beauty of life.

"We'll always be together."

"I can do anything."

"I belong here."

"There is so much love here."

To be human is to wish. For yourself, for others, for those you've never met.
To see a sunrise and understand how beautiful and special that moment is.
To admit things to others that you haven't quite admitted to yourself.
To smile at things that make you sad.
To share your wishes with others and to join your hearts in hoping.


I wish
I wish
I wish
I wish
I wish
I wish
I wish
I wish
I wish
I wish
I wish
I wish







3 comments: