Her

"Does she make you happy?"
"Sometimes."
"It's a yes or no question."
"... Yes. In the end of everything, of time, of love, of myself... Yes. I think she always will."
"Does that scare you?"
"immensely."

-----

I don't mean to write about you too much but your smile captivates me and there's something about it that has me writing 

i haven't quite figured out what yet

but i'm smiling and so i'll keep writing with your name on my lips








do you think about me? because i think about you. 









It seems like it's always been streetcars and grasshoppers and benign house lights with her voice in the background of it all. She's a paradox with no where to go and no one to tell except me, I think. We talk for too long and say goodbye too quickly but it's always been that way and I've always loved that about us.

Can I say us?

Her heart is golden and I want to tell her that I'd do anything to polish mine up again. When I say I'll change for her, I've never meant it more. 

Please let me learn how to be perfect for you.

-----------

Smile a while longer, my darling
Your eyes eclipse the sun and
There's something a little perfect about you
Won't you keep company with my broken heart?

-----------





4 comments:

  1. so basically this girl is a lucky one. beautifully written. well done well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I say I'll change for her, I've never meant it more.

    Please let me learn how to be perfect for you.

    I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every girl wants someone to write something like this about her. I hope she knows how lucky she is. Definitely loved this.

    ReplyDelete