#realtalk

Once there was a young boy who grew up in a house full of dancing shoes. I've never been that boy.

My life is a lot less poetic, but a lot more beautiful.

To the girl I've been writing about all this time,
Hey Jack. I hope you don't mind that I pretended you were a girl for a few months.

To Dana Spencer,
You're a beautiful, beautiful person and your thoughts and feelings are so special to me. I compare you to the heavens because to me, that's where you belong.

To Jane Q. Porter,
Thank you. You are so incredibly sweet to me, and I'm not very good at compliments but you have a pure soul and thank you for loving me. You are Cleopatra, and don't forget that.

To Caspar Wyatt,
I never knew how much we had in common. I'm sorry saying hello in the hallways gives me such anxiety.

To Nelson,
There's a letter I wrote you in the back of my journal. When I turn in after the break, please read it.

To The General Public,
My name is Hailey Brooks. I'm loud in front of a group of people, but quiet if you try to become my friend. My most extreme fear is moths. I once almost died trying to get away from one. I think that I think I'm a lot funnier that I am, but I'm still not afraid to say it.

I feel like I've been lying to you all.

For that, I'm sorry.

But I'm so happy to keep writing without hiding.







6 comments:

  1. "I feel like I've been lying to you all."

    You have.

    We all have.

    Here's to not lying anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you are incredible, and when you read in front of the class UGH SO TALENTED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this, and for you. You're amazing Hailey Brooks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hailey, you + slam poetry = incredible
    I love your blog and thank you for all of your posts and basically, you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been one of my favorite blogs from the start. Thanks for being real Hailey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHEN YOU READ IN FRONT OF THE CLASS I SIT IN AWE BECAUSE YOU GIVE LIFE TO WORDS THAT ARE DEAD ON A PAGE. Sorry that was in all caps and weird. You've got talent.

    ReplyDelete